Friday, January 4, 2013

Speech Planning Worksheet for Commemorative Speech


Speech Planning Sheet
For Commemorative Speech

Your name: Matthew Zwicker

Topic of your speech: My mother - Who she is, what she has done, and how sh is inspirational.

General purpose: To inspire and commemorate

Specific purpose statement: I hold my mother in the highest honor; by her examples and what she taught, I hope others become inspired to be a greater person, Christ-like and Christ-lead.

My specific purpose is to inspire my audience by praising  Janet Zwicker (my mother).


Introduction:
Attention step: How will you hook the audience?

          I will hook the audience by using vivid imagery in stating some of my mother's
          "characteristics" using metaphoric "superhero apparel."

Credibility step: (state your experience, your research or both)

          I am my mother's son; I have lived with her for more than nineteen years.

Central idea: one sentence (sometimes called a thesis) that sums up whole speech that you say in the introduction. It should be something like: "Today I would like to pause and praise ....).

          Even though many forces were against her, my mother was able to soar about life's troubles
          through her contagious passion for Christ, excellent work ethic, and through her
          persevering determination.

Preview: Road map for the audience your main points. (May be part of central idea).

          1. My mother sought after God, prayed like a warrior, and shone the light of Christ.
          2. Her work ethic was incredible, despite what this world told her what she couldn't do.
               a. She didn't let her life limit her to the work God called her to do.
          3. Even though certain events put walls in the path of her dreams, she made do with what she
              had, and made a beautiful masterpiece out of it.

Main Points: (sum up how you will develop the body of the speech. First you will ______, then you will _______...)

             First, I will mention my mother's passion for Christ (her prayer life, her consistency, and her
          care for the spiritual health of her children).
             Then, I will talk about what she did throughout her life and how her work ethic was brilliant.
             Finally, I will esteem her determination. She was able to dream up large goals, but when life
          gave her small results, she took what she had, and made a delectable dish out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment