Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcome to My World Speech - Outline with self evaluation

SPEECH OUTLINE


I.         Introduction
     A.      Who has been to the ocean?
     B.       We can experience the ocean in 3 main ways.
1.                  The ocean can set us on top of a beautiful wave.
2.                  The ocean may have currents to test our strength.
3.                  While in the ocean, we can relax and be at peace as the ocean moves us along.
     C.       My life is like an ocean.
1.                  My life has had high points and good times.
2.                  My life has had currents that pulled me away from the direction of God.
3.                  My life has been, is and will be in need of more of the peace of God.
 
II.      Body
     A.      Explain my life’s high points and successes.
     B.       Explain my life’s moments where the currents started to pull me away from God.
     C.       Explain how peace comes from relaxing in God’s love and letting him take control.

III.     Conclusion
     A.       Relate back to thesis
1.                  Overview; there are good times, and bad times.
     B.        Encourage to let God take control and for us to be at peace.


SELF EVALUATION

1. What did you do that you felt worked well in the speech?
       I felt confident in my analogy of relating the ocean to my life; I had a basis of connection:
            I.)  My style of speech complimented with the format of the analogy
            II.) I like the ocean.

2. What could you do to improve next time you speak? 
       Reflecting on the performance of this speech, to improve my speaking abilities, I could, or need to keep good eye contact with my audience by becoming more familiar with my speech, through memorization.
3. What other speeches did you hear that you felt were especially good? Why do you think that the other speech was so good?
       It is a fact that many of the speeches that I heard affected me in some aspect. Marissa's speech used many visual imagery in her speech, and eye contact was amazing. Megan gave a remarkable testimony that captured the "wide-eyed" attention of the audience. Also, Matthew's speech was heartfelt, where he spoke about a common factor of all, his family, and an abstract concept that not many people do, farming.

4. Did your speech meet the requirements of the assignment, or did you forget something? 
       I felt that I met all of the assignment's requirements; however, I could have mentioned the Specific Purpose and the Central Idea in my outline
5. What surprised you about the presentation?
       I almost completely forgot that nervousness arises when you're in front of an audience, even if you have given many speeches at different occasions.
6. How did you prepare for the speech?
       I practiced in front of the mirror until, not necessarily after, I felt confident and familiar with my
       speech

No comments:

Post a Comment